7 Ways to Create your Work-Life Balance
1. Keep work in perspective – leave work on time.
2. Change a routine task – develop a new process. Instead of handling your e-mails as you get them, set aside specific times during the day to respond.
3. Set boundaries – you don’t have to attend every meetings you are invited to or sign up for every project. Choose the meetings you can add value to or benefit from.
4. Manage your stress – identify what causes you stress and how it affects you.
5. Take time out – close your door (if you have one), call forward your phone, turn off your e-mail, take a walk. Use this time “during your work day” to prepare for a big meeting, a presentation or work on a project.
6. Delegate – are you spending too much time on the administrative process of your job and not utilizing your skills to benefit your long-term goals and your company’s goals?
7. Work/Play Balance – what did you enjoy doing during the summer that you want to continue (going to the movies, playing tennis, volunteering, spending time with your kids, seeing friends, etc.)? Put it on your schedule.
For more amazing content visit us at The Coffee Break Blog!!!